Cook ‘n Scribble Scholarships & Internships
Cook ‘n Scribble has received a grant that endows scholarships for people devoted to five of our favorite areas of food writing in each online course we offer.
- are established professionals seeking to try new forms, or to move forward in their writing. This scholarship aims to give working people some support to try something new and the tools they need to test-drive an unrealized dream, be it a book, a blog, a documentary, a newsletter or a focused press release.
- In recognition of the work that the Edible network does in showcasing new voices and expanding the nation’s awareness of local food, are writers dedicated to giving voice to community, micro-climates and the quiet food heroes of everyday life. Preference is given to those whose work has appeared in one of the Edible publications or websites.
- are writers whose research focuses on cooking of specific ethnic or cultural populations. Preference is given to those with a strong academic background or passionate amateurs with a proven publishing record.
- are writers dedicated to food access, food policy, appropriate agriculture, hunger relief or other food-centric, humanitarian relief efforts who need powerful communication skills to spread their message in conventional and emerging media.
- are emerging writers who are passionate about food and need the instruction, editing and mentoring it takes to bring their work to the next level.
Applications for these scholarships are due Sunday, March 25, 2012. For more information on these and the rest of our scholarships, our internships and application instructions, visit our
Good Food Jobs Scholarships
The folks at Good Food Jobs are offering three scholarship to Sterling College’s Vermont’s Table Summer Program, an academic intensive focused on sustainable food systems. Each session is only five weeks long, and students may choose between courses such as “Seminar in Food Writing” or “Farm to Table Food Systems,” among others. Applications are due Friday, April 13, 2012.
Les Dames d’Escoffier Scholarships
Les Dames d’Escoffier, an organization of professional women in the food, beverage and hospitality industries, is currently accepting applications for their six Legacy Awards. Six women will be granted a one-week workplace experience with masters such as an artisanal cheese producer or a pastry chef and TV personality. Applications are due Wednesday, April 25, 2012.
Les Dames d’Escoffier also offers scholarships through their local chapters. Visit their site for more information.
Food Styling Internships and Scholarships
Food Fanatics has food stylist stage and internships available. There may also be scholarship opportunities for their upcoming food styling workshop in June. Contact Denise Vivaldo for more information.